Summer Day Camp
Camp Kelly 2013 offers an ADVENTURE EVERY DAY
2013 campers at Camp Kelly will meet each day to experience a new challenge and learning objective. Each day they will go on a day trip to a different location, truly making every day an adventure. Our day campers gain self-confidence, form friendships with like-hearted campers and have lots of fun. Convenient to parents looking for a Savannah summer camp, Effingham summer camp, Rincon summer camp, Pooler summer camp or Garden City summer camp! Each day will include:
- A local day trip to one of the described destinations
- Transportation to day trip location
- Excursion/Tour cost
- Morning snack
- Afternoon snack
- Several drinks throughout the day
- Professional instruction and monitoring
- A Camp Kelly t-shirt
- A CD-Rom of the week’s activities
Transportation to and from Camp Kelly each day is not included. Early drop-off from 7:30am to 9:00am and late pick-up from 4:00pm to 5:30pm is included. During this time campers are welcome to play Xbox Kinect. Many of our 2012 day campers encouraged their parents to drop-off early and pick-up late.
Below is the itinerary from our 2012 summer camp. Some of the campers favorite day trips will stay the same, while others will be updated to offer a new experience for returning campers. The exact 2013 summer camp itinerary will be sent to parents of registered day campers closer to the camp date.
DAY 1 at Camp Kelly
Digital Photography: a guide to digital cameras and other photographic equipment is included in this digital camera day lesson. Campers will take a day trip to Fort McAllister to photograph the beautiful historic and natural scenery.
DAY 2 at Camp Kelly
Orienteering & Global Positioning Systems: Campers gain a conceptual understanding of Earth coordinate systems through instruction involving diagrams and globes, and utilizing handheld GPS devices. The morning will include an introductory lesson to GPS systems and how they work, then a scavenger hunt in downtown Savannah and at Oatland Island using their newly learned skills. Adventures in GEO – Caching.
DAY 3 at Camp Kelly
Art in the Park: Includes drawing, photography and computer arts. No previous art training needed – just the desire to dive in and see what happens. All supplies will be provided. This day will include sketching lessons in one of Savannah’s beautiful squares. A visit to ArtZeum at the Jepson Center for the Arts is also included today.
DAY 4 at Camp Kelly
Marine Science & Eco Cruise: Bring the cameras as the group is off on another adventure… a four-hour cruise along the scenic Bull River. Campers will also enjoy a beach walk and netting session to discover all the hidden creatures and treasures right off of Georgia’s beautiful coast and the intricate intracoastal waterways.
DAY 5 at Camp Kelly
Culminating Activity – Farewell Party: This is the day we bring the four days together by utilizing computer techniques and verbal presentations. Campers will be provided a CD-ROM of their week at Camp Kelly. Today the campers will Tye – Dye their Kelly Tours T-shirts to take home. After a fun pizza party, the day ends with an afternoon of mini-golf and go-carts at the Pooler Family Fun Park!
Summer Camp Registration Form
Click on the file below to open a printable pdf of the Camp Registration form. Camp Kelly – Kelly Tours 2013
Summer Camp FAQ’s
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about Camp Kelly. If you do not see the answer to your question about the Day Camp, please call our offices at (912) 964-2010 and speak to one of our friendly office staff.
- 2013 Camp Kelly will run from July 8th (Monday) through July 12th (Friday).
- REGULAR HOURS, drop off at 9:00 am and pick-up at 4:00 pm
- EXTENDED HOURS, drop off starts at 7:30 am and pick-up is extended to 5:30 pm
- Kelly Tours Convention Center
- 2788 Highway 80 West
- Garden City, GA 31408
- No foul language is to be used an any time.
- While on the bus, campers must remain seated at all times with seatbelt fastened
- When campers are out participating in activities, the group must stay together at all times
- Stay behind your instructor, especially when crossing any roadways
- Listen and stay quiet when instructor is talking
- No extra rough horseplay
- Respect fellow campers' personal space
- Always be polite and respectful of fellow campers and instructor
- Clean up after any mess you make